Starting Anew

Finally, a blog that is made public!

Hopefully, this will help me learn to be more outgoing and not just stay cooped up at home all the time. (I’m lazy like that)

Well, this blog will be just a place for me to express myself, and perhaps, if I’m not too lazy and busy, I would love to update as much as possible.

Anyway, with my command of the English language deteriorating so much over the years (ever since I’ve stopped writing for school essays!), I made a somewhat feeble resolution to attempt writing again and more often (partially the reason I’m here).

Just a forewarning, I’m not a very good writer, but occasionally I love to dabble in a little bit of writing, so please don’t judge!

“I weary for desires never guessed, 
For alien passions, strange imaginings,
To be some other person for a day.”
- "The Starling" by Amy Lowell 



She lies in bed,
She closes her eyes,
And listen to the sounds that fill her head,

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
The ticking of the clock,
Falls into the rhythm of her breaths,

She ponders about life,
For it is like an hourglass,
Time does not abide,
It is running out and fast,

She looks back on all the times,
The decisions she’s made,
The paths she chose to take,

The guilt, the hate,
The shame, the blame,
The evil, the saint,

She regrets them, she knows,
But she is now at the end of the road,
There’s nothing she can do,
Nowhere she could go,

A single tear rolled down her cheek,
As He takes her away,
Maybe, to a better place.

This is a contemplative piece, and I would love to explain it in detail, but since it is meant for the readers to interpret it themselves, I shall stop here. However, if you’d like to hear my thoughts while writing this piece, feel free to drop a comment!

Fun fact: This is actually my first poem. I used to think I don't have the talent for writing poems, but now, heck, poems are meant for one to express oneself freely anyways. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad. 

P.S. I still have no idea what to name this piece. Anyone?


P.S.S. I heard from a friend that it’s National Poetry Month in the U.S! What timing! 

Share:

0 comments