Digi - Worth following, or nah?
Digi, with their signature phrase, “I Will Follow You” is one of Malaysia’s leading telecommunications company. Quoted, “The Best Internet Speed” or “Always the Smarter Choice!”, well now, I see they are just one step away from winning the “Joke of the Year” award.
I kid you not.
Bad service, bad system, bad employees, you name it, they got it.
I haven’t been using Digi for long, and already it has caused me so many problems that the number of times I had to visit the Digi’s stores have far exceeded the number of times I go shopping (trust me, I’m a shopaholic). Now, let’s see what I had to deal with.
Firstly, maybe it’s my lack of understanding about the prepaid system, but every so often, say one to two weeks(approximately) I would receive texts from Digi saying my number will be suspended and that I should reload to stay connected. I would proceed to check my balance, which was still full of money and that left me in an even more puzzled state.
Next, two months ago, when I just returned to Malaysia, I had to subscribe for a new data plan. Thus, I headed to the nearest Digi store near my place, only to be deceived by them. They kept promoting some postpaid data plan and when I said that I have a prepaid number so I plan to subscribe to a prepaid data plan, the employee’s expression turned bitter and told me there was no such plan. Ergo, I left the place feeling disappointed.
Refusing to believe such nonsense though, plus with information from my friend telling me that she had just subscribed to a prepaid plan by Digi as well, I could only come to a conclusion that I’ve been lied to. So, kudos to bad service by the employees.
During my trip to the beach, I was at an area with low network coverage. My friends with Maxis or Umobile lines still had data, albeit really slow. However, I was appalled when, I, with the wonderful Digi coverage, well, ended up with a ‘roaming’ sign! I think Digi really deserves a round of applause for “The Fastest Internet Speed”!
A month ago, as usual, I kept receiving texts saying my number will be suspended after a certain date, I ignored it. I did reload my phone so I would be able to continue using it (also I exceeded the data limit), only to have my number suspended 10 days later. On top of that, they continued deducting money from my monthly subscription even AFTER they barred my number. Can you believe this ludicrousness? Thanks Digi, for being a money scammer.
So I finally found time to head to the Digi store today, the employee looked surly (yet again), I told him what was wrong, he gave me explanations that didn’t make sense, for instance, he said RM1 per day was deducted to keep the number activated, so I questioned him again, as the amount of money I reloaded definitely exceeded 10 days (if what he says is true, my top up amount was supposed to last me 15 days). In the end, he didn’t have an answer for me so he referred me to the main store.
A little miffed, I headed toward the main store, only to be served by a really boorish lady (why am I not surprised), told me my number was barred due to the invalidity. I asked her why, and she just droned on and on about validity, never explaining why my money was still deducted after it was suspended and when I demanded why, she raised her voice at me, once again repeating validity and I had to reload more money to activate my number. I was so exasperated by this lady, I just demanded for my phone back and stormed off. Digi employees, you guys are the best!
So, Digi,
“Always the Smarter Choice”? Oh boy, don’t fool yourselves.
“I Will Follow You?” For the life of God, I plead you not.
Tags:
Review
telecommunications

0 comments