Street Piano Festival

It's a beautiful Saturday, I got up later than usual, my lazy bone working its way through every single cell in my body, but since I promised my housemate I'd go for a jog with him, I dragged myself out of bed and out of the house.

The weather was just perfect. Sunny with a brush of cool breeze. It's been a while since I've gone for jogs, say about 2 months? I could feel my flabs growing especially on my tummy and thighs (inner thighs!). What could I say? I was busy enjoying food and sleep and some serious couch potato session. 

After jogging (I nearly died!), headed back home to binge on my favourite banana milk! All I really wanted to do on this very day is just stay at home and laze in bed, but the weather was just so warm and welcoming, and since I checked the weather forecast (next week would be cold and raining), I was like, "You know what? Screw this, I'm gonna head out to the Street Piano Festival and jam some music and sun into my head." 


So off we went. 



Found this pub while exploring the place! 
The Street Piano Festival was held at a few places, Hermitage Garden, The Muzeon Arts Park, Stoleshnikov Lane (at Okhodniy Station) and Bauman's Garden. Well-known musicians, such as Daniel Kramer, Evgeny Lebedev, Peter Aidu, Ada Gorbunova and Vitaly Gavruk, would play street pianos during the event. Pretty thing, the piano was! Russian contemporary artists painted them and it's different for each place, I mean, how cool is that? Too bad the destinations are pretty far away from each other so I can't possibly go to all of them. 

OOTD. 

PERFECT WEATHER. AMEN. 
Pretty lights behind! With Ziiii. <3 
I love the horse. 



When we got there, no one was playing and I was confused as to whether my information was right. Met up with Zi, and walked around the place a little and came back again. and there was a guy who was serenading his girlfriend (how romantic!), his skills were so refined, he had such good control over the keys regardless of the worn condition of the piano. His touch wasn't heavy and he played his crescendos and diminuendos so well! All I thought at that moment was, "this guy knows his shit"



Guy who serenaded his girlfriend...or so I assume...

The next guy came but since his performance wasn't so intriguing, I kinda tuned out. The guy after that was interesting though. He played a very melodious piece, only to find out he was playing a piano version of "Get Lucky - Daft Punk". Awesome! He has pretty good skills, with good expression as well but his notes weren't hitting right in some of the spots, which is totally understandable seeing as his piece mostly comprised of octaves. Fun fact: he's a skater. It totally reminded me of the song "Skater Boy - Avril Lavigne"


A lady played after him, and she was just delicate and smooth as butter on soap on ice. A true classical pianist, she was. Then the professional finally came in and he just blew everyone's minds away with his jazz music. His skills are top-notch! Almost flawless! What made it more interesting was the fact that he was tap-dancing while playing jazz music! His expressions were just so good I felt like I was in a story instead. 
Drama with the potatoz 

Seeing them play like that, made me feel wistful and nostalgic. I wish I could play the piano again. Proper classical music. I've always just dabbled in pop music, and the problem with playing by ear is I never jot down notes, and after a few days I'd just forget what I've played. I don't know if it's just me being 'gatal', but I really wish I played again. Oh well. I miss my piano teacher who nags and scolds me when I play like crap and laughs at my jokes and exaggerated responses. She used to give me free massages when my shoulders are tense and although I used to complain, I have to admit that I secretly enjoyed it. 


Sigh. Guess it'll be a while before I can play again. Maybe one day I'll feel like continuing my diploma again. Although practicing a minimum of 6 hours a day can be a bitch, but the result (I can play it so so so well!) can be so so soooo rewarding! It gave me a sense of accomplishment, and for some reason I just felt like I want to keep playing and never stop. heh. Good ol' times. 


tataaa! 

Guess I'll sign off for now. 

Adios amigos! 

Pau pau xx 

Share:

0 comments