Peace of Haven



I think I'm in a happy place now.

There's nothing more fulfilling than just being content with your life and the people you're with. Sure, there's so much more in life that I am not yet satisfied with, there's always so much more to learn, so many times to make mistakes, fall and then get back up again, but right now, at this moment -

I'm just content with the people in my life. 

I'm happy with the people I meet and the new friends that I make. Sure, I may not have many friends, compared to a certain person I know, I'm not the most lovable person out there, but I have people who accept me for who I am, and the flaws that come in a package with me.

The people I have:

1. Two minions who will never leave me. (I'm pretty sure)

2. Four guys who will always put me in the center.

3. A "sister" with whom I will be neighbours with in the future.

4. A "brother" who annoys me to no end, but showers me with love.

5. Someone who can be cute, beautiful, amusing and deep all at the same time. I don't know how she does that. :/ (Z)

6. Someone sweet and adorable with whom I feel comfortable and safe with. (P)

7. Parents who laf laf me so much.

8. Aunty who's just as sampat as I am. An old soul with blazing flames of spirit.

9. Crazy cousin who's so darn eccentric I just can't...We love each other anyway.

10. Long lost "sister" from another family who understands me. We may not talk a lot nor see each other often, but when we do, it's like we've never been missing from one another's life.

11. The ever-funny, amusing, sampat, smart, sophisticated friend who used to sing about unicorns on rainbows in class. (A)

It's not a lot, really, but it's enough for me.

I believe that friendship is really not an easy thing to do. It requires patience and a lot of sacrifice. Sacrifices that you're willing to make, of course and I don't mean killing someone to honour the Gods, but just little things that you're willing to go through for your friends. I don't believe in rubbish like -

"We don't have to talk to each other all the time, or be stuck together all the time, but when you need someone, I'll be there for you." 

To a certain extent, this statement is true. Friends don't have to stick to each other like glue all the time. Totally agree with that, I'm a huge fan of personal space, and I would hate it more if someone crosses that line. But I disagree on the part where "we don't have to talk to each other all the time." No, being friends, being GOOD friends, we have to keep up with each other's lives. If you've never been there for that person, be it the good, how do you expect that person to trust you through the bad? How can that person trust you if you've never shared, nor experienced anything with them?

I don't know about others, but I'd be thinking, "I've never even spent time with this person, nor have I talked much to this person, how can I trust my secrets with him/her?" 

The exception, of course, being that you've been friends with this person for say, at least half a decade and you know that person inside out. Then yeah, I think that statement holds true for them. But if your friendship has not gone through to such extents then, yeah, suck it up, guys, you need to invest more time and effort into your friendship to really get to know that person.

Making friends is easy. Staying friends takes time. Being good friends takes effort. 

Having real, true friends takes both time and effort. 


I've always wanted to pen my thoughts on this darn statement. and I finally did.

So yeah, I love the people around me currently. My people. I don't have to pretend to be an angel around them and I think that is the most important thing for me right now.

P.S. I had brunch with a wonderful person today. I don't think I've ever met someone so warm and genuine before. It was...an eye opener, that's for sure. I love meeting people like this. They make me believe that there is still some good left in the world. And I can safely say that what I thought was a bad day turned out great after all. :)




P.S. Because you've dumped that person when she really needed it most for your own happiness, now you don't deserve to stand next to that person. I've never said this before, but I really (x100000000) loathe you for doing that.

Share:

0 comments